1001 N Randolph Street, Arlington VA 22201
Senior web developer with seventeen years' experience specializing in front-end development, dedicated to building user-centric, high-impact websites and applications for enterprise-level environments. Experienced with all stages of the development life cycle with a "first time right" approach to problem-solving. A strong communicator with the ability to convey ideas clearly with an emphasis on client satisfaction.
Active DoD TS/SCI with CI-Scope polygraph 2012 - Current
BS Management Science (Decision Support Systems) Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Cycling, design, animal rescue, travel, hiking, reading
- LAMP Development
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Responsive Design
November 2011 - Current
Aerstone Senior Web Developer
- Executed and contributed to full-stack web development projects, with an emphasis on front end features, browser manipulation, and cross-browser compatibility.
- Designed and developed all views/templates on top of C# for an in-house software provisioning tool.
- Built a custom SharePoint 2013 template for an agency-wide "Communities of Interest" site.
- Ensured standards-compliant web development to guarantee accessibility in future development.
- Identified, explored, and demonstrated new technologies related to web development.
- Participated in product workflow.
- Collaborated with other technical members on the development of applications and systems.
October 2006 - November 2011
SSB, Inc Webmaster
- Responsible for total redesign and implementation of G-3/5/7 Intranet, Extranet, and Public-side websites (NIPR and SIPR), utilizing previously unused standards-compliant code and Section 508 adherence, which became the de facto standard for all sites falling under the G-3/5/7.
- Built templates based on successful G-3 sites for DAMO webmaster use, and made available with a custom tutorial based on best practices.
- Conducted classroom training on web development including Dreamweaver use, (X)HTML/CSS, standards compliance, and template use.
- Responsible for all day-to-day website operations including site content; frequently called upon to assist in construction or maintenance of DAMO websites.
- Briefed and advised high-level clients in site usability and capabilities.
- Operated and maintained servers for both internal and external G-3 website use.
- Established and maintained communication with all website functionals under the G-3.
- Maintained all G-3 sites under the U.S. Army's AKO Portal (NIPR/SIPR).
April 2006 - October 2006
COMSYS Media Developer
- Responsible for development of dynamic and interactive content in educational learning/instructional programs for U.S. Military.
- Provided guidance on direction of new company website.
March 2004 - April 2006
L-3/Titan Corporation Web Applications Developer
- Responsible for development and maintenance of enterprise-level web-based applications for United States Navy Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technical Division.
- Gathered requirements for and developed a new Magazine Tracking Tool as part of the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Information System (EODIS), providing up-to-the-minute tracking and reporting of Reportable, Non-Reportable and Foreign Ordnance assigned to NAVEODTECHDIV and other off-station locations.
- Participated in development of Joint Digital Information Gathering System (JDIGS), a worldwide joint-service tool allowing Incident Reporting and Information Requests to be submitted, processed and resolved via a workflow process based on user roles.
- Redesigned command's web-based Request For Information application, allowing EOD technicians in the field to interface directly with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) in matters of IED Exploitation and/or Disposal.
- Developed EOD Intel Site, functioning as a dynamic repository for and resulting in single-point access to EOD-related intelligence procedures, news, and reports from all branches of military and civilian government.
- Provided direction for the future of the current sites/applications, enhancing usability and presentation of information in combat- and non-combat environments.
- Interacted with senior government officials to gather requirements, feedback, and testing procedures for current and future ordnance reporting projects.
- Reported to upper management on tasks and current progress on projects in development.
January 2000 - September 2002
24/7 Media Billing Operations Supervisor, Verizon Internet
- Responsible for ensuring quality, accuracy, and timely operations of all automated invoicing applications and systems for revenue in excess of $14 million monthly.
- Initiated, designed, and implemented automated online billing interface, improving operational efficiency and reducing labor costs by replacing manual diagnostic tasks.
- Introduced new query tools for the Marketing and Customer Service Departments to assist them in better meeting their departmental goals.
- Developed new and refined existing Unix shell scripts to fine-tune the monthly billing process and to respond to changes and problems in the system.
- Ensured data integrity of all Customer Service Representative records in master database.
- Created numerous financial summary reports each month for use by the Finance team.
December 1987 - June 1994
U.S. Navy Electronics Technician/Ship's Diver, U.S.S. Cincinnati
- Supervised eleven members of Electronics and Dive Divisions.
- Awarded Navy Achievement Medal as an E-5 for outstanding leadership.
- Received six letters of commendation in five years for various accomplishments above and beyond the call of duty.
- Assisted in and implemented development of divisional training programs.
- Coordinated ship's Physical Readiness Training program.
- Qualified Diving Supervisor, underway Chief of the Watch, and inport Duty Chief as an E-5.
- Performed underwater ship's security and maintenance dives, often (and usually) in adverse conditions.